How to ensure there are no nasty surprises in your house and land package, just generous inclusions and benefits over other builders.
Like a massive spider in the bath or the latest political scandal, there are enough shocks in our everyday lives to keep us on our toes. That’s why we like to stay calm here at Kaplan; our mission in life is to keep things nice and simple for our customers.
The last thing you need just before construction is about to commence, or the concrete slab has just been poured and you are already locked in to your new home builder is the shock of receiving a huge bill from the builders, especially if it includes items you didn’t realise were additional costs. Were plug sockets extra? Was air conditioning extra? Why do I need to pay thousands to remove extra dirt? I need to sit down just thinking about all those extra zeroes.
Well, that might be how other builders work, but Kaplan doesn’t do that. Everything you discuss with your builder right at the beginning of the process is what you get, and it’s definitely what you’ll pay for.
Let’s look at some examples of these inclusions. Grab a cup of tea and settle in; this is going to be very relaxing.
The obvious stuff
After spending time with your builder designing the perfect home for you and your family, it’s fair to expect that some practical things will be included in the cost. We think so too, which is why this list almost goes without saying.
- Two double plug sockets in each main room – it just makes sense. Where other builders might charge you for extra power sources, ours come as standard in the living and bedrooms.
- Insulation – the question is why wouldn’t insulation be included? Every Kaplan home has energy efficient R2 insulation in the exterior walls and R4 in the ceilings. That’s more than the standard requirement, meaning you’ll save on energy costs.
- Skirting boards and architraves – a high-quality build needs a premium finish. With Kaplan that includes 67mm x 18mm primed pine skirting boards in half-splay design as standard.
Every Kaplan home has energy efficient R2 insulation in the exterior walls and R4 in the ceilings. That’s more than the standard requirement, meaning you’ll save on energy costs
The nice to have items
Wouldn’t it be good if the things you might expect to pay for were also included? It would be nice to know you didn’t have to pay extra for practicalities. With a Kaplan home, the following inclusions are also standard.
- Ducted Air conditioning – keep your home temperate and your family comfortable with Actron air conditioning; an inclusion ready to go from the day you move in.
- Double kitchen sink – not one and three quarters, but a full double stainless steel sink as standard without you having to ask for it.
- Carpets – there’s nothing better than a carpet underfoot on a chilly day. Enjoy the luxury of Silver Series carpet in the living room, rumpus, bedrooms, stairs and top floor.
The generous extra inclusions
Luxury with comfort and style is what we’re all about. That’s why we throw in some luxurious inclusions other builders would definitely charge extra for.
- Luxury stone kitchen bench tops – beautiful to look at and extremely durable, our 20mm-thick stone slab has an extensive range of choices with 10 colours for you to create your own style in your new home.
- Walk-in robes – give your style some space with these inclusive walk-in wardrobes. Featured in all our master bedrooms at no extra cost, all robes are fully-fitted with drawers and shelves.
- Westinghouse appliances – we source all of our appliances from Australian manufacturer Westinghouse. Built to last and locally made, these are appliances that are effortlessly functional and stylish.
Avoid bill shock and enjoy peace of mind with Kaplan. With us you know exactly what you’re getting in your unique home. Settle in and relax, safe in the knowledge there won’t be any nasty surprises waiting for you in the letterbox.