It’s time to start the construction of your brand-new luxury Kaplan home (yay!) but it’s not all sunshine and daisies, building a home can be a nerve-racking time for every member of the family, especially for young children who may be uncomfortable with the whole situation and understandably so. Change can be unsettling even when it’s a welcome occurrence, so I have put together a list of how you can get your kids involved in the process and really immerse them in the build along with you, getting them ready for this exciting transition.
- Show them the floor plans.
- Let them add their two cents.
- Bring them to the site with you (when its safe of course).
- Have them make their mark: Let them write their names on the wooden beams and put their hand prints in the cement, don’t worry, no will ever see it.
- Get them excited about construction: Books are a great way to do this.
- Help them envision what the end result will look like, kids are great at make believe, encourage them to design their rooms in their mind and plan the layout they would love to see. Perhaps take them to one of the Kaplan display homes at either Gledswood hills, Edmondson Park or Marsden Park to give them a feel of what their new home may look like once completed.
Building your dream home is a big deal, something you and your whole family should be extremely proud of and excited about, even the little ones who may have absolutely no idea what all the fuss is about. Kaplan homes are focused on bringing your luxury home to life in the most seamless and inclusive way possible, to ensure that the end result is exactly what you envisioned as well as fitting to your family’s needs and lifestyle. If you are worried about any part of the construction journey give Kaplan a call today and one of the experienced team members will walk you through the process, answering any questions you may have along the way.