A pool is a great addition to any Ozzy home, perfect for those sweltering summer months and a real crowd pleaser, however it’s not all fun and games, there is a lot to think about before deciding to install a pool in your backyard. From installation to up keep, pools are hard work! To help you decide whether or not a pool is right for you and your new Kaplan Home, we have listed below a few of the things you need to consider:
- Why are you installing a pool? Is it for laps, recreation, the kids and their friends? This will impact the size and shape of the pool, whether you need to go deep, shallow, square or rectangular etc.
- Size of the backyard: This will impact where in the backyard the pool is best suited and the design options you have.
- Inground or above ground?
- Entry and exit: How are people getting in and out? Do you have the room for fencing requirements? Each and every state in Australia requires by law that residential swimming pools are fenced.
- Sun exposure: If your pool is positioned near trees, you’re likely going to be spending a lot of time fishing leaves out of your pool and shade is good however sun also helps to keep the water warm.
- Concrete or fibreglass? Concrete is stronger and better suited to custom designs, fiberglass is quicker to install and more cost effective.
- Storage? Do you have the space for pool toys, the pool filter, the pool cleaner etc.
- What are your plans for the landscaping around the pool? Installing a pump house, fencing and paving can often cost as much as the pool itself, something to think about.
Pools provide hours of fun for the whole family so it’s easy to want to jump right in (pun intended) and start construction, however it’s important to slow it down and really think about it before making your final decision. If you’re considering adding a pool to your new home, give us a call at Kaplan Homes and one of our team members will answer any questions you may have while also making sure that you are aware of everything upfront.
Related Tag: Builders Sydney